[Beowulf] electricity prices

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 27 01:20:03 PDT 2012

Not sure about there, yet price of colocation and hosting servers in
Europe has nothing to do with energy price.

It doesn't even have a remote relation.

Be happy if you pay 200-300 euro a month in Netherlands for it, which
can be done for 100 euro a month a server in Germany,
which happens for 50-60 dollar a month in USA.

Netherlands is the European internet hub.

Price just has to do with how much competition you got and how quick
companies run away if you charge too much.