[Beowulf] cluster building advice?

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Mon Sep 17 08:45:56 PDT 2012

You may want to look at Warewulf. Jeff Layton recently
wrote a great 4 part series on HPC Admin about it.
Here is the first article:

You can also take a look at this link on Cluster Monkey,
which has links to provisioning tools (and you may want to
click around the site)

Finally, in the not to distant future I'll be announcing
a set of cluster RPMs for Scientific Linux 6.X with
instructions (and a kickstart file) on how to build
a simple turn key cluster. Warewulf is the provisioning tool.
If you need more information, contact me off list.