[Beowulf] cluster building advice?

Jeffrey Rossiter jr082176 at scots.edinboro.edu
Sun Sep 16 14:52:10 PDT 2012

Hello everyone!

I am getting started on a cluster building project at my university. We
just replaced all of our lab machines so I am going to be using the old
machines to rebuild our cluster. The intention is for the system to be
used for scientific computation. I am trying to decide on a linux
distribution to use. Does it matter all that much? Any advice would be
greatly appreciated. Book suggestions would help too. I am waiting to
receive Building Clustered Linux Systems
by Robert W. Lucke
but my advisor for the project is concerned that it may be out of date
for what we are doing. Please share your ideas. Thanks!

-Jeffrey Rossiter