[Beowulf] Servers Too Hot? Intel Recommends a Luxurious Oil Bath

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 10 03:26:19 PDT 2012

There is thousands of traders in each nation and they all have a
datacenter that is doing simulations on how to make money.
Most traders are at several exchanges.

A single tad larger trader typically has a 3000 machines and they're
all equipped with a highspeed network.

As slowly trader by trader is simply getting kicked bigtime by the
traders that do have those 3000+ machines in their own datacenter,
one by one they are all setting up their own calculation centers with
more machines to do those simulations figuring out whether their
package, based upon previous data, can make them big cash tomorrow on
the exchanges.

In most nations the high frequency traders will have the majority of
the HPC hardware. More than government.