[Beowulf] Collocation in Iceland?

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 5 15:43:08 PDT 2012

I measured it on a globe here and then it seems, but again i'm no sea
geographer who probably knows all this 1000x better,
that one wants to follow a more southern course to follow the globes
curve,
in which case i'd estimate it at around 2000 kilometer south of
iceland at the center of the Atlantic.

Basically the distance London - Iceland being the shortest distance
in the entire line,
so every inch you get closer to Chicago, the city where you can make
a fortune within a
second and lose it a few microseconds later, you'll get a tad further
away from Iceland.

I'm not sure on the NATO rules on how many kilometers away from
allowed air corridors you get intercepted by jet fighters.

Airplanes fly cheaper over land and there is jetstreams higher in the
atmosphere making it cheaper to fly at a specific spot
from Europe to North-America and back.

It's something total different from a seacable that you roll out
preferably following the shortest path.