[Beowulf] [FoRK] (Pimpin' for) Parallella: A Supercomputer For Everyone by Adapteva

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Oct 25 08:23:35 PDT 2012

----- Forwarded message from Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> -----

From: Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:09:55 -0500
To: fork at xent.com
Subject: [FoRK] (Pimpin' for) Parallella: A Supercomputer For Everyone by
	Adapteva

Ok folks.  This looks to be the Arduino or RaspPi for parallel computing.  I'm psyched about it and I'm one of the unclosed "potential big backers" mentioned.  This isn't going to replace G*PU in the data center but this gets cheap exposure to the masses.  I think this thing has some real potential in the hobbyist / maker / hardware hacker / pedagogical space.

Be nice to have a much more open (like this) solution here, in this space.

Final push here.  If they get within striking distance I'll probably step in to close it out.

$0.02 (well, really, a whole lot more.)

jb

Begin forwarded message:

----- End forwarded message -----