[Beowulf] Degree

Florent Calvayrac florent.calvayrac at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 08:46:51 PDT 2012

Here in France you can get 1 year of university equivalence for 5 years of professional activity if you explain what you have done in a written application ; then typically you only need to study for 1 year in order to get the degree you need (bsc, msc, engineering..) . Usually students doing this get bad grades in math (less and less true however with the exams being easier every year) but ace the more technical part. The pay of a phd student is however just a little above minimum wage so professionals tend to get them in their free time and need 5 years or more to become doctors. So if you want I can help you get an almost free, official French degree in hpc or computer modeling in physics.

On the side I am sure that each and every scientist who ever attended a serious conference had a good laugh at  Diep's comment . I remember having to defend my choice of equations against a horde of Russian scientists ..