[Beowulf] hadoop

Ellis H. Wilson III ellis at cse.psu.edu
Tue Nov 27 08:09:28 PST 2012

On 11/27/2012 09:54 AM, Douglas Eadline wrote:
>> not as efficient as gluster I would venture.
> OrangeFS (PVFS2) has been shown to work as good as or better than

I'm not going to take a side on this one since they are in many respects
solving different problems in different domains, but to add something to
an otherwise broad statement some of the collaborators I work with at
CMU and used to work with at ANL put out a decent publication on this
topic back in 2011.  A worthwhile read for anybody who is interested in
comparing the two purpose-built file-systems.

"On the Duality of Data-intensive File System Design:
Reconciling HDFS and PVFS"