[Beowulf] hadoop

Andrew Holway andrew.holway at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 02:16:44 PST 2012

2012/11/27 Jonathan Aquilina <eagles051387 at gmail.com>

> Interesting indeed. Does LVM span across multiple storage servers?

There is Clustered LVM but I dont think this is what your looking for. CLVM
allows you to have a shared storage target such as an iSCSI box and give
one LV to one box and another LV to another box with clever cluster locking
and stuff. Its commonly used in High Availability setups.

If you want to aggregate the disk volumes of many systems into one
filesystem then you need something like Gluster or HDFS

> That is another issue and im not trying to open up a can of worms but what
> is the advantage of using KVM over xen or even citrix xen server

There isn't really one I suppose. I just know KVM better and find their dev
community the most friendly to my insane requests. Its also the redhat
standard which I think tends to make it better integrated with the whole
redhatty stack.