[Beowulf] [Comp-neuro] Software Engineer III - Computational Modeling at Allen Institute for Brain Science
eugen at leitl.org
Fri Nov 2 04:16:10 PDT 2012
----- Forwarded message from Stefan Mihalas <stefanm at alleninstitute.org> -----
From: Stefan Mihalas <stefanm at alleninstitute.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 00:18:35 +0000
To: "comp-neuro at neuroinf.org" <comp-neuro at neuroinf.org>
Subject: [Comp-neuro] Software Engineer III - Computational Modeling at
Allen Institute for Brain Science
The Allen Institute for Brain Science, located in Seattle WA, is comprised of a multidisciplinary staff committed to understanding how the brain works and helping to unlock the mysteries of neurological diseases and disorders affecting millions worldwide. Serving the scientific community is at the center of our mission to accelerate progress toward understanding the brain and neurological systems. Creating tools and data that advance the pursuits of thousands and thousands of scientists around the world is our contribution to revolutionary neuroscience. To this end, the Allen Institute's resources - each a groundbreaking creation - are free and publicly available online.
This position serves as a software engineering expert in the area of high performance computing, especially as it relates to neuronal simulation software development. The Software Engineer III will design and develop software and algorithms to support the modeling efforts of the Allen Institute. In addition to technical requirements, the position also requires effective communication with other technical experts from the modeling team, other software and test engineers, system administrators and technical project managers.
* Design and perform software and algorithm development duties using best software engineering practices
* Transform complex and high level requirement specifications into software code
* Solve complex problems and working across teams to develop algorithms and integrate them into the software architecture
* In a team setting, actively participate in design sessions and provide thoughtful solutions and alternatives
* Present design solutions to peers, both within and outside of the Institute
* Manage multiple tasks, set clear priorities, and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
* PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Applied Math or similar is required.
* Expert working experience with C/C++, R, Matlab, Python required.
* In-depth experience developing in parallel and distributed computing environment as well as GPU required
* Experience with a shipping product required
* General knowledge of computational neuroscience and previous experience in the area of neuronal simulation desired
* General knowledge of applied mathematics to numerical methods desired
We offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package, and a dynamic, engaging environment.
Link to job posting: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ALLENINSTITUTE&cws=1&rid=313
The Allen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Comp-neuro mailing list
Comp-neuro at neuroinf.org
----- End forwarded message -----
Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org">leitl</a> http://leitl.org
ICBM: 48.07100, 11.36820 http://www.ativel.com http://postbiota.org
8B29F6BE: 099D 78BA 2FD3 B014 B08A 7779 75B0 2443 8B29 F6BE
More information about the Beowulf