[Beowulf] Torrents for HPC

David N. Lombard dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Tue Jun 12 08:19:08 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:17:53AM -0700, Bernard Li wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I'd also like to point you guys to pcp:
>
> http://www.theether.org/pcp/
>
> It's a bit old, but should still build on modern systems.  It would be
> nice if somebody picks up development after all these years (hint
> hint) :-)

+1 for pcp

It's one of my /favorites/ from the past. As it did a pipeline file transfer
over a tree, it was only a tad slower than a single point-to-point copy.

Brent Chun (the author), also wrote a related amazingly fast parallel execution
utility, gexec.

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.