[Beowulf] Desktop fan reccommendation

Nathan Moore ntmoore at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 10:00:15 PDT 2012

> You sure this one is easy to replace?

Yes, very easy to replace.  About 8 phillips screws.  Unfortunately though,
the shroud is fixed at 92mm or so, so a bigger, slower fan is not possible.

It seems that it doesn't have a cooler at all for the cpu but as you say
> it's some sort of cheapskate thing tubing that pumps liquid

through the socket and then seemingly with 1 fan that is doing cooling both
> for the PSU as well as the cpu fan at once.

Sort-of.  I think the "heat pipe" is essentially 4-5 copper tubes that run
to a fine-finned radiator.  The fan vents the radiator.  It is actually a
fairly elegant, compact, and reliable design.