[Beowulf] Pricing and Trading Networks: Down is Up, Left is Right

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sat Feb 18 11:40:09 PST 2012

On 02/18/2012 01:48 PM, Vincent Diepeveen wrote:

>> Seriously, if you don't get why this matters, well ...
>>

> Why is quadrics bankrupt?

Because ... they ... ran ... out ... of  ... money?

> Why has everyone forgotten about myri as high performance network?

Because ... other ... competitors ... have ... emerged ... with ...
better ... more standardized ... stuff?

> Why is itanium end of line?

Umm ...  anyone who knows anything about business would be able to
answer this one for you.

> Simple - they don't perform well and/or were too expensive.

Not so simple.  Quadrics ran out of money.  Myri was surpassed with
other tech.  Itanium was never a good business idea.

> In all your naivity you forgot the most important thing; PERFORMANCE and
> RELIABILITY.

Ahh ... all of my naiveté.

And on that note, I'll close my participation in this amusing thread.  A
conversation where you have not only a failure in communication, but a
profound ... seemingly unbounded ... seemingly willful ... failure in
comprehension ... yeah, not so much of a good conversation.

Really Vincent, its been entertaining.

Naiveté ...  /chuckles

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D