[Beowulf] Beowulf list now rejecting emails from non-subscribers

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Aug 26 22:00:53 PDT 2012

And here I was looking for a discussion of using a Beowulf to model the
airflow over a swallow (or pair of swallows) carrying a coconut, thereby
creating a fascinating loop of using a Beowulf to answer the proposed
challenge question used for authentication. I leave discussion of coconut
migration, origin of swallow species, and other such questions to others.

Half seriously, I have seen some papers on doing CFD of the flows between
fins of adjacent fish or penguins (I can't recall which, off hand).

And as far as coconut distribution about the world, I've used a cluster to
do a lagrangian model for floating objects (with small propulsion forces)
using a database of ocean currents and winds. Others have done so for
objects as diverse as tennis shoes, floating bottles, rubber ducks, etc.,
although interestingly, I don't recall having seen coconuts in the
literature.