[Beowulf] RFC: Restrict posting to subscribers only ?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sun Aug 26 18:11:21 PDT 2012

On 08/26/2012 08:22 PM, Christopher Samuel wrote:

>> Also on another note something we could setup which would be easier
>> that anyone can manage would be untangle security distro. It has a
>> web based interface and all.
>
> Please no.  Let's let Penguin run their servers the way that they wish
> to.  We can offer to help with spam filtering configuration (which Joe
> has already done) but that doesn't need a whole distribution change.

Absolutely.  We'd be happy to help set this up as a service in POD (or
in a VM if they need, or running as a pipeline here, ... etc.)

Minimal changes are recommended.  If they use procmail or similar for
their mail, we can inject most of the pipeline there.  I did re-work it
for an updated postfix (circa 2.9).

BTW:  I still don't have admin access.  I'll bug Arend tomorrow.  I am
guessing my email got lost in the interwebs ...  (sadly since the switch
of our servers to EC2 for mail, this happens much more).

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com