[Beowulf] NFSoIB and SRP benchmarking

holway at th.physik.uni-frankfurt.de holway at th.physik.uni-frankfurt.de
Sat Aug 25 15:22:16 PDT 2012

Hello Beowulf 2.0

I've just started playing with NFSoIB to provide super fast backend
storage for a bunch of databases that we look after here. Oracle and
Nexenta are both sending me ZFS based boxes to test and I hope to compare
the performance and stability of these with the Netapp (formally lsi
engenio) E5400.

This will be the first time I will be getting into serious storage
benchmarking. Does anyone have any interesting tests they would like to
run or and experience performing these kinds of tests?

I have 4 HP G8 boxes with 96GB ram each QDR IB and 10G ethernet as consumers.

I will also be testing the performance of KVM and Virtuozzo (commercial
version of OpenVZ) which is a kernel sharing virtualization similar to BSD
Jails.

Thanks,

Andrew