[Beowulf] RFC: Restrict posting to subscribers only ?

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Aug 24 05:50:35 PDT 2012

On 08/24/2012 08:26 PM, Gregory Matthews wrote:

> this is not a good idea - your list can become a spam mirror and
> replying to spammers is bad in lots of ways.

The Mailman software is *already* doing this for the Beowulf list as it
replies to every message held for moderation with a link so that the
sender can cancel it if they so wish.

> Get a good spam filter, MailScanner + SpamAssassin + selected
> blacklists + selected sendmail/postfix plugins.

That is needed as well (a point I made in private email amongst the list
admins), but that is not in our control, that is up to Penguin Computing.

All the best,
Chris