[Beowulf] Announcing Grid Engine 2011.11 and SC11 demo & presentation
raysonlogin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 11:41:44 PST 2011
The Open Grid Scheduler Project is releasing a new major release: Grid
Engine 2011.11. We are using the open source model that was used by
Sun Grid Engine (2001 - 2009), and we offer open source (not open
core) Grid Engine with *optional* technical support. We have a growing
Grid Engine Community and joined by companies and system integrators
in the Grid Engine ecosystem.
* Berkeley DB Spooling Directory can now be placed on NFS (NFSv3 or
older, basically any modern network filesystems)
* Portable Hardware Locality Library (was under alpha/beta since April 2011)
* CUDA GPU load sensor - uses NVIDIA Management Library (NVML)
* User notification mails can be sent from a configurable user ID
* Job exit status available to epilog - via $SGE_JOBEXIT_STAT
* ARM Linux support - ARMv7.
* qmake upgraded to version 3.82
* Support for Linux 3.0
* Perfstat library used on AIX, retiring ibm-loadsensor
* Support for newer AIX versions
* Tango qmon icons
* Code quality improvements - static code verifier used for testing
PQS API code cleaned up and we are releasing the PQS API Scheduler
Plugin Interface as technology preview.
Gridcore/Gompute is kind enough to offer part of their 20x20 booth for
the Grid Engine 2011.11 demo. I am going to remotely give a
presentation on the new features of Grid Engine 2011.11, and also the
future of open source Grid Engine.
The proposed time slots are: 12:00 and 15:00 on Tuesday and Wedneday.
Please sign up for the presentation at the Gridcore/Gompute booth (#6002).
Download the latest release from sourceforge:
Download release notes from the Scalable Logic homepage:
We are offering pre-compiled binaries. The temp. download site (before
we can upload everything to Sourceforge) for x64 Linux is:
Open Grid Scheduler - The Official Open Source Grid Engine
More information about the Beowulf