[Beowulf] EMACS vs VI

Jan Wender j.wender at science-computing.de
Fri Feb 18 01:28:56 PST 2011

Ellis H. Wilson III schrieb:
> I've been waiting on the absurd metaphors to come out ;).  I think
> my favorite of all time (granted it's not really a metaphor, but
> nonetheless) is something about sacrificing a goat over the computer
> to get vi to work.  I'll have to go through the archives at some
> point to find that little gem.

 From my (ancient) signature quotes file:

SCSI is not magic. There are fundamental technical reasons why it is
necessary to sacrifice a young goat to your SCSI every chain now and
then. (John Woods)

And:
A witty saying proves nothing.                               (Voltaire)

SCNR, Jan
--
---- Company Information ----
Vorstand/Board of Management: Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Dr. Roland Niemeier,