[Beowulf] EMACS vs VI

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 10:48:36 PST 2011

I booted System V (from "Microport", a competitor of SCO Xenix) on an i286
(IBM AT, which I bought retail at an IBM Product Center, had 1.2 MB floppy
drive!) with 512K RAM. pwd, ls, worked fine, but my third command, "vi temp"
hung. There are limits even for vi. I had to expand the real memory.
Peter