[Beowulf] SMB + RDMA?

Gilad Shainer Shainer at Mellanox.com
Mon Dec 5 10:39:40 PST 2011

Greg,

Feel free to contact me directly. It is part of Windows Server 8 and Microsoft has done several demonstrations already.

It works with any ConnectX card.

Gilad

From: beowulf-bounces at beowulf.org [mailto:beowulf-bounces at beowulf.org] On Behalf Of Greg Keller
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 10:38 AM
To: beowulf at beowulf.org
Subject: [Beowulf] SMB + RDMA?

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone on the list has seen this "SMB over RDMA in "The Wild" yet:
http://www.mellanox.com/content/pages.php?pg=press_release_item&rec_id=642

If so, any initial feedback on it's usefulness?  Any hint on where to find more info short of a Mellanox Rep?

We run a bunch of WinHPC and have issues with overwhelming SMB2.0 over 10GbE, so I'm curious if this path is likely to help or hurt us.  Also curious if it requires the new ConnectX v3 cards, or if we can use our ConnectX v1 and v2 cards.

Cheers!
Greg