[Beowulf] Westmere EX

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu Apr 7 09:25:35 PDT 2011

Vincent Diepeveen wrote:

> GPU monster box, which is basically a few videocards inside such a
> box stacked up a tad, wil only add a couple of
> thousands.

This price may be OK for the videocard-class GPUs,
but sounds underestimated, at least for Fermi Tesla.
Last I checked, a NVidia S2050 pizza box with four Fermi Tesla C2050,
with 448 cores and 3GB RAM per GPU, cost around $10k.
For the beefed up version with with C2070 (6GB/GPU) it bumps to ~$15k.
If you care about ECC, that's the price you pay, right?

Gus Correa