[Beowulf] how Google warps your brain

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Mon Oct 25 14:04:36 PDT 2010

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, Hearns, John wrote:

> As usual, a highly insightful post from RGB.

Aw, <blush> again.

> Simon Templar? Gay? Cough.
>
> Next you will be telling me that there are gay undertones in Top Gun,
> the film with the sexiest astrophysicist ever.

What was it, one of the South Park episodes, the old geezer going on
about how GAY all of the parties were in his youth, how GAY he and his
friends were, what a GAY TIME Christmas was for all concerned...;-)

> I believe that was the original intent for the Web. Still under
> development!

It's why I give money to wikipedia a couple of times a year, and a bit
to project Gutenberg from time to time as well.  Money where mouth is, a
necessity.  How are we going to lift the world out of ignorance and into
enlightenment if information is still not free?

But the counters of beans and protectors of profit have decreed now that
every created work of the intellect is a <i>property</i> now, something
that can be bought and sold in damn near perpetuity, long, long after
the creator is dead.

It won't work.  There aren't enough fingers in the world to plug the
leaking dyke.

Oops, sorry.  I mean "dike".

   ;-)  Really(not)-Gay-Brown

(but feeling a certain amount of solidarity today with my alternatively
gendered brethren and sistren...:-)

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu