[Beowulf] Anybody using Redhat HPC Solution in their Beowulf

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Fri Oct 22 10:22:49 PDT 2010

> Thanks Michael,
>
> I am satisfied with Rocks, but my group people wanted something well
> supported that means, RHEL instead of CentOS

I don't think that follows - other people should comment here.

and "some other PAID"
> cluster manager instead of Rocks, especially, when we have the budget.
>
> Somehow, I have not been able to convince my folks that Rocks is a
much
> better solution than the PAID ones.

There are plenty of PAID cluster management stacks out there - as I say
go talk to
some vendors. Maybe take a trip to Supercomputing?
Also give youself time to think about SuSE and SLES (or SLES desktop) on
the nodes.
Redhat is not the only game in town.
(Hint - I've put together many Suse clusters for two cluster
integrators)

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.