[Beowulf] 1000baseT NIC and PXE?

Michael Di Domenico mdidomenico4 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 14:00:40 PDT 2010

surprisingly enough there are still cards that don't come with PXE
built into the embedded rom.  you'll have to check the specs on the
card you're interested in from the mfg website.

one thing that bit me in the past, even though the card had pxe, the
bios of the machine i was working on had no mechanism to load the
option rom (it was a desktop),