[Beowulf] hp dl170h g6?

Alan Louis Scheinine alscheinine at tuffmail.us
Tue Jul 6 21:22:42 PDT 2010

  "ksdevice=bootif"  I had not previous heard of that option.

Joshua Baker-LePain writes:
> And, if it is, how many person-years will it take to find said
 > firmware flash file on HP's website (seriously, how broken is that site!?)?

To find a ppd file for an HP printer, navigating their website does not work
for me, whereas, using Google brings me to the right page on the HP web site.

With regards to Google, it finds a suggestion from Jay Hilliard

> In your pxelinux config file:
>
> add ksdevice=bootif
>
> also add "IPAPPEND 2" to the end of the file
>
> In your kickstart file, don't specify a device:
>    "network --bootproto dhcp"

There is also
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Kickstart#network

Is this more complete?  Or is it incorrect?
I don't know, just asking.

--

  Alan Scheinine
  200 Georgann Dr., Apt. E6