[Beowulf] clustering using xen virtualized machines

Ashley Pittman ashley at pittman.co.uk
Mon Jan 25 16:12:28 PST 2010

On 25 Jan 2010, at 15:28, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:

> has anyone tried clustering using xen based vm's. what is everyones take on that? its something that popped into my head while in my lectures today.

I've been using Amazon ec2 for clustering for months now, from a software perspective it's very similar to running real hardware.  For my needs (development) it's perfectly adequate, I've not benchmarked it against running the same code on the raw hardware though.

Ashley,

--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.

http://padb.pittman.org.uk