[Beowulf] Re: Sun/AMD HPC for Dummies ebook now as PDF

Bob Drzyzgula bob at drzyzgula.org
Wed Jan 13 05:34:30 PST 2010

FYI, I downloaded this and it is 46 pages of cursory,
high-level overview of the concept of HPC. It doesn't
even have any Rich Tennant cartoons. Just about anyone
would get more out of spending an hour following threads
out of the Wikipedia High-Performance Computing page. The
execption might be a manager who doesn't know what the
term "high-performance computing" means but at the same
time somehow has a budget to go out and buy and staff
a cluster -- that person might learn a little about
where to start.

On the plus side, the registration form seems to accept
just about any random crap, and didn't even make me check
the mailinator email address I used to get the download
link.

--Bob