[Beowulf] Need some advise: Sun storage' management server hangsrepeatedly

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Tue Jan 12 01:47:18 PST 2010

   This server gets hanged repeatedly. As an initial troubleshooting we installed Ganglia, to check network utilization. But its normal. We're not getting how to troubleshoot it and resolve the problem. Can anybode help us resolve this issue?

Some tools you need:

ping -f  on the clients (ie flood pings)

tcpdump on both clients and server

nfsstat on both client and server

iostat on the server

Can you be a little bit clearer on what you mean by a "hang"
Do you see messages about NFS server in the /var/log/messages on the client?

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.