[Beowulf] UPS signaling scripts?

Henning Fehrmann henning.fehrmann at aei.mpg.de
Mon Feb 8 22:14:14 PST 2010

Hi Gerry,

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 03:05:52PM -0600, Gerald Creager wrote:
> Looking for a usable script that will allow me to listen to an APC
> data center UPS and power down a cluster when we go to UPS power.
> Anyone got a solution? My last experience with PowerChute was pretty
> sad, I'm afraid.

There is NUT - Network UPS Tools. It works fine for at least
~ 1700 clients.

http://www.networkupstools.org/

The NUT server provides the information whether a UPS is running on
battery and how much battery charge is approximately left.
The clients get the information and start scripts - e.g. a shutdown
routine.

Cheers,
Henning