[Beowulf] UPS signaling scripts?

David N. Lombard dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Mon Feb 8 13:32:44 PST 2010

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 01:05:52PM -0800, Gerald Creager wrote:
> Looking for a usable script that will allow me to listen to an APC data
> center UPS and power down a cluster when we go to UPS power. Anyone got
> a solution? My last experience with PowerChute was pretty sad, I'm afraid.

$ yum info apcupsd
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Available Packages
Name       : apcupsd
Arch       : x86_64
Version    : 3.14.8
Release    : 1.fc12
Size       : 283 k
Repo       : updates
Summary    : APC UPS Power Control Daemon for Linux
URL        : http://www.apcupsd.com
License    : GPLv2
           : power failure, apcupsd will inform the users about the power
           : failure and that a shutdown may occur.  If power is not restored,
           : a system shutdown will follow when the battery is exausted, a
           : timeout (seconds) expires, or the battery runtime expires based
           : on internal APC calculations determined by power consumption
           : rates.  If the power is restored before one of the above shutdown
           : conditions is met, apcupsd will inform users about this fact.
           : Some features depend on what UPS model you have (simple or smart).

$

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.