[Beowulf] 48/96 disk jbods?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Feb 4 14:30:25 PST 2010

Michael Di Domenico wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a decent 48 or 96 (if they exist) disk jbod on
> the market?  I don't need the everything that goes along with a raid
> system or anything that's network attached.  I just need to hang a lot
> of storage from a machine, sas/sata/fc doesn't matter

Self built or pre-built?  If the latter, you can use our delta V units
as this: http://www.scalableinformatics.com/delta-v .  JBOD over iSCSI
or similar.  We software RAID them by default, though there is no reason
we couldn't have many iSCSI targets over 10GbE/IB/ethernet.

You don't see it there, but there is a DV5 ... 48 bay top load.  The
unit you pointed to has the unfortunate problem of requiring you take
two devices out to get at one failed drive.

Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
Scalable Informatics Inc.
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com