[Beowulf] posting bonnie++ stats from our cluster: any comments about my I/O performance stats?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 11:47:59 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Michael Will
<mwill at penguincomputing.com> wrote:
> By the way, if you have to work through a purchasing departement that only
> looks at the cheapest price, but
> you want to go with a specific vendor because of the superior solution and
> technical expertise, then you can

Thanks! I guess  I have not faced the problem that you describe (yet).
My problem is still easier. It is convincing *myself* which is the
right solution. Or more of " how to compare various vendor solutions?"
It was easy for the compute nodes. But the storage and backbone are
still not clear (to me).

One of the reasons is that it is easy to buy several compute nodes
piecewise and test the actual codes. But how does one simulate scaleup
for estimating performance of switches and backbone. Of course, over
the past weeks several useful suggestions have been offered but I am
still not sure.

Perhaps I am just not doing my homework! :)

--
Rahul