[Beowulf] Virtualization in head node ?

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Thu Sep 17 01:24:20 PDT 2009

If you move an existing VM within the same virtualization and cpu
technology you may be able to get away without reactivation or
obtaining a new license key.  MAC addresses can be set in several
virtual environment which can help in some cases.

I get your point here. I deal a lot with licensed ISV type software -
each has its own foibles,
though most use some flavour of FlexLM.
Maybe we should look at this the other way round - software licensing
should be changed to cope
with virtual machines being commonplace.

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.