RS: [Beowulf] Virtualization in head node ?

Alan Ward award at uda.ad
Wed Sep 16 00:23:07 PDT 2009

I have been working quite a lot with VBox, mostly for server stuff. I agree it can be quite impressive, and has some nice features (e.g. do not stop a machine, sleep it - and wake up pretty fast).

On the other hand, we found that anything that has to do with disk access is pretty slow, specially when working with a local disk image file.

Cheers,
-Alan