[Beowulf] filesystem metadata mining tools

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Tue Sep 15 11:26:56 PDT 2009

I have used perl in the past to gather summaries of file usage like
this. The details are fuzzy(it was a couple of years ago), but I think I
did a 'find -ls' to a text file and then used perl to parse the file and
and add up the various statistics. I wasn't gathering as many statistics
as you, but it was pretty easy to write for a novice perl programmer
like me.

Prentice