[Beowulf] where do I set PBSACLUSEGROUPLIST before starting pbs_server from torque 2.4.0b1?

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 16:43:04 PDT 2009

Hi,

I can't seem to figure out how/where to set the environment variable
PBSACLUSEGROUPLIST. This page:

http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs21/4.1queueconfig.shtml

says about acl_groups:

NOTE: If the PBSACLUSEGROUPLIST variable is set in the pbs_server
environment, acl_groups will be check against all groups of which the
job user is a member.

I tried exporting that variable with:

export PBSACLUSEGROUPLIST
export PBSACLUSEGROUPLIST=1
export PBSACLUSEGROUPLIST=true

before starting pbs_server and pbs_sched but I still can't submit to
queues where I belong to the secondary group for which acl_groups is
set. Otherwise, I've verified that acl_groups is working because I can
only submit to a queue where my primary group is the same as that set
in acl_groups for that queue. Anyone have any ideas on how to get
pbs_server to look at all the groups that I'm a member of, supposedly
using the environment variable mentioned above?

Thanks,
Sabuj Pattanayek