[Beowulf] HPC for Dummies

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Fri Sep 4 17:51:30 PDT 2009

> Hi Douglas
>
> I didn't mean to spoil your chances for the Pulitzer Prize,
> and I really hope your book will become a bestseller! :)
>
> Considering what the technical and textbook market is today,
> where the same books get a new edition every year,
> with the same or reduced content, a new cover,
> a password protected web site, and a doubled price tag,
> your guess about Wiley making the access to the book sample
> hard may be correct.
>
> Thank you for the book sample anyway,
> which I hope will become available
> to all as pdf file at some point.

Thanks, but I should mention, it is not a "real"
book. Or, not the book I would have written if
I had more pages. It is a promotional "book"
which I was given approximately 40 pages to explain
HPC. I tried to cram as much as I could into it
and make it interesting to non-HPC people
(i.e. industrial HPC)

It is similar to the "Virtualization For Dummies"
book AMD produced a year or so ago.

I should say that if there is enough interest
in this topic Wiley may want me to do a "full
book." As I never got a final copy, I to will have
to figure out how to download and read it :)

--
Doug

--
Doug