[Beowulf] Build a Beowulf Cluster

Tony Miranda oper.ml at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 14:22:16 PDT 2009

Hi Tomislav,

thanks for the reply, and thanks to ed in 92626, too, for the url's
provided.

So, Tomislav, i got a cluster running, i dont know if it was i the
beowuld default configurations, but i got it running with serveral
howtos that i found o the web.
I got it running with LAM-MPI and PVM. I had 3 machines, an Intel Core 2
Duo and two Pentium 4 HT, all with intel motherboard and 2GB RAM each.

The test that i made with some binaries of LAM-MPI and PVM got good
results but couldnt get the performance result, i didnt made any test
for that.
I was pretending to build a cluster with high number of processors  and
a lot of memory, so i could build a XEN server inside this cluster, and
create a virtual machine to use all this resource, but seems that this
is not possible.
I cant get the xen to work with distributed processor, can i?

Byt the way, thanks a lot!
Thank you all!

Tony Miranda.