[Beowulf] any creative ways to crash Linux?: does a shared NIC IMPI always remain responsive?

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sun Oct 25 06:17:33 PDT 2009

Oh, it doesn't always work, but even with the Dell hardware, it USUALLY
does.  As recently as Friday, I had to ssh into an IPMI module and
reboot busybox (this was on a supermicro system, not a dell) because
IPMI had gotten stupid.  When I did, it regained its intelligence and
has performed properly ever since.  NO ideas what confused it, though,
which is a bit disconcerting.

gerry