[Beowulf] ATX on switch

Tomislav Maric tomislav.maric at gmx.com
Sun Oct 4 06:37:02 PDT 2009

Hi Dmitri and Tony,

thank you both very much for your answers. I'm on my way to rip out a
switch from an old computer case so I can start the master node for the
first time (hopefully without calling the firemen and an ambulance :) ).

I'll setup the BIOS as you've told me: "ON after AC loss". Does that
mean that next time it will be turned on(off) when the PS is turned on(off)?

I know I only have 2 nodes and I can use the switches, but if this
works, I'll be expanding it, so I want this problem covered (12 on/off
switches... I'm too lazy for that). :)

If I do this,  I can power the master with PS on switch, and use the
switch I have for adding another node with the same setup: set it up to
run diskless, set it's BIOS the same way, turn it off, disconnect the
switch and use it for adding another node. Is this OK?

Best regards,
Tomislav