[Beowulf] New member, upgrading our existing Beowulf cluster

Ross Tucker rjtucke at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 13:53:49 PST 2009

Greetings!

I'm a new member to this list, but the research group that I work for has
had a working cluster for many years. I am now looking at upgrading our
current configuration. I was wondering if anyone has actual experience with
running more than one node from a single power supply. Even just two boards
on one PSU would be nice. We will be using barely 200W per node for 50 nodes
and it just seems like a big waste to buy 50 power supply units. I have read
the old posts but did not see any reports of success.

Best regards,
Ross Tucker
Ariz State Univ