[Beowulf] How Would You Test Infiniband in New Cluster?

Jon Forrest jlforrest at berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 17 17:01:12 PST 2009

I had said "I believe these are with IB."
Now I'm not so sure. I just did a

	"ifconfig ib0"

on all the nodes and they all say

           BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:65520  Metric:1
           collisions:0 txqueuelen:256
           RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

So, it doesn't look like any of these tests used IB,
although I'm not sure because some of those numbers
looked better than I'd expect for just 1Gb ethernet.

I'll have to figure out how to force IB when
using OpenMPI.

--
Jon Forrest
Research Computing Support