[Beowulf] Programming Help needed

Joshua mora acosta joshua_mora at usa.net
Fri Nov 6 15:29:58 PST 2009

Just try it and you'll understand what it means communication overhead....
most of these apps are network latency dominated: small messages but lots
because of i) many neighbor processors involved and iterative process.
Packing all the faces that need to be exchanges is the right way to go.
You can also think in having a dedicated thread for handling the
communications and the remaining ones for computation at the compute node
level. So you really get good overlapping of computation and commputation.

Joshua