[Beowulf] Fortran Array size question

richard.walsh at comcast.net richard.walsh at comcast.net
Tue Nov 3 12:01:32 PST 2009

Prentice,

I do not think the Fortran standard limits the size of one dimension
in an array, although you can have only 7 dimensions. This to me must
be a limit internal to their compiler. There may be an environmental variable
to reset. I would try another Fortran (maybe gfortran) to see if you get similar
behavior or find another (different) limit.

Limits should really be operating system imposed based on the
size of the address space. Intel says as much on the website
describing their compiler.

Regards,

rbw
Thrashing River Computing