[Beowulf] Fortran Array size question

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Tue Nov 3 11:24:00 PST 2009

Greg Lindahl wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 01:17:02PM -0500, Prentice Bisbal wrote:
>
>> That's exactly the compiler I'm using, and it's failing at ~200 million
>> elements. I'm  digging through the Intel documentation. Haven't found an
>> answer yet.
>
> Your bug report was incomplete: it really matters if the array is
> automatic or not, or if it's initialized.

You're right -  I should have included a code snippet. It's not my code,
so I don't know if I can share all of it. Here's the line where the
problem occurs:

dimension vstore(1:4,0:4,5000000,2),fstore(0:4,5000000,2)

If he reduces the 5000000 to a smaller number, it compiles. As shown, he
gets this error:

ifort adaptnew2.for
compilation aborted for adaptnew2.for (code 1)

The compiler is Intel's ifort 11.0.074

I'm not a Fortran programmer, so I'm a little out of my element here. If
it was bash or perl, or even C/C++, that'd be a different story.

--
Pretnice