[Beowulf] Wired article about Go machine

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 24 13:28:55 PDT 2009

I'm not sure what environment you guys are working,
but the average IQ100 office personnel is a lot more clumsy than
you guys can imagine.

In general of course if someone sucks in everything, he or she still
can go work
for a bank.

Though nowadays i shouldn't say that too loud either it seems :)

Bad paid and simple work. Not so long ago i saw 'em still use at one
bank OS-2 from IBM as client :)

Most posters here are so far away from normal world that they have no
clue about 99.99% of workfloor.

Mistake 1 they make is retry the same thing 100 times. Those posting
here for sure will
try each time something else until they figure it out.

At best you can say that open source is progressing. It's far from
usable.
Then we had some workable x-windows type GUI, suddenly it was kicked
out and replaced by
big crap called x.org. Eating huge RAM and ugly slow. Doesn't even
run well at a tad older machines
with a bit less RAM.

So in order to run open-office latest versions, you also need an
expensive new machine. That's another
weird phenomena.

Vincent