[Beowulf] interconnect and compiler ?

Tom Elken tom.elken at qlogic.com
Thu Jan 29 10:56:40 PST 2009

> On Thursday 29 January 2009 17:44:27 Toon Knapen wrote:
> > In your experience, why is IB mainly Melanox and not verari
> or voltaire?
> Because Mellanox is pretty much the only manufacturer of IB
> silicon. IB
> vendors (Qlogic, Voltaire, etc) all sell products using
> Mellanox chips.

< Sorry for the marketing info in the links below, just trying to correct what might be a false impression. >

QLogic sells IB adapters with their own IB silicon, as well as Mellanox's silicon.  We brand the QLogic ASICs as 'TrueScale.'
Here's a press release on the DDR adapters (currently shipping) based on QLogic TrueScale ASICs:
In the list of IB adapters offered by QLogic:
the adapter models, listed at the top, starting with 'QLE' (QLE7140, QLE7240, QLE7280) use QLogic silicon.

And the forthcoming InfiniBand QDR & DDR switches based on QLogic TrueScale ASICs were announced here, and at SC'08:

-Tom Elken