[Beowulf] programming guidence request

amjad ali amjad11 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 22:03:46 PST 2009

Hello All,
I am developing my parallel CFD code on a small cluster. My system has
openmpi installed based on gfortran compiler. Please guide me
follwing:

(1) Which debugger would be easy and effective to use for above?

(2) Which of the folliwng two ways of using arrays is more efficient
with respect to memory and function-call-overheads or other overheads:
                 (i) We should keep the arrays ALLOCATABLE and then
before return from the subroutines, DEALLOCATE the local arrays.
              or (ii) We should keep the local arrays fix-sized as
much as we can. (Will the memory is deallaocated/freed automatically
on return from the subroutine?).

Thanks.
with best regards,
Amjad Ali.