[Beowulf] programming guidence request

amjad ali amjad11 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 22:03:46 PST 2009

Hello All,
I am developing my parallel CFD code on a small cluster. My system has
openmpi installed based on gfortran compiler. Please guide me

(1) Which debugger would be easy and effective to use for above?

(2) Which of the folliwng two ways of using arrays is more efficient
with respect to memory and function-call-overheads or other overheads:
                 (i) We should keep the arrays ALLOCATABLE and then
before return from the subroutines, DEALLOCATE the local arrays.
              or (ii) We should keep the local arrays fix-sized as
much as we can. (Will the memory is deallaocated/freed automatically
on return from the subroutine?).

with best regards,
Amjad Ali.