[Beowulf] small distro for PXE boot, autostarts sshd?

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Fri Feb 27 01:39:34 PST 2009

Tim Cutts schrieb:
> If you're already using Debian or Ubuntu, you can just 'aptitude install
> fai' to get the whole thing up and running.  Some customisation is
> required of course, particularly in your DHCP configuration.

Yes, FAI would also be my first choice here, otherwise you could alway
look at grml and PXE boot the kernel and mount the system via
nfsroot/aufs and then you will have all tools available you might ever
need for debugging and troubleshooting - well, except the magic wand
which will miraculously cure all problems.

http://grml.org/ (don't try to look to closely at the release names ;))